Affiliations and Accomplishments
- President and Director, Nyack (NY) Chamber of Commerce.
- Member, Nyack Business Council, Village of Nyack, NY.
- Director, Visit Nyack, Inc.
- Treasurer, Nyack First, NY State Board of Elections–Registered Political Committee.
- Director and Founding Member, European American Chamber of Commerce of NJ.
- Member, Zoning Board of Appeals, Village of Nyack, NY.
- Member, Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP) Committee, Village of Nyack, NY
Education and Certifications
- Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y. Bachelor of Science. Social Planning and Public Policy.
- University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan. International Business Coursework.
- New York University, New York, NY. Executive Business Management Certificate.
- National Institutes of Health, NASA, NSF, Government Tech Proposal Development Training.
- Export Educator Certification, United States Small Business Administration – SBA.
- Certified Global Business Professional, National Association of Small Business Trade Educators.
Cohen International, Nyack, NY
Principal and President
- For over twenty-five years, Cohen International has provided multi-client consulting services in domestic and international business development, government contracting, and technological and service proposal development. The firm serves domestic and worldwide markets.
- Developed hundreds of high technology and government contract proposals, and obtained government funding from NIH, EPA, NASA, NSF, and other agencies.
- Provided regular training and teaching about federal tech grants, including programs at Princeton, Rutgers, NJIT, NASA, Humboldt State, Penn State, and Federal Laboratories Consortium.
- Developed technical programs for Small Business Innovation Research, including sustainable energy technology and water purification. Established business with the NASA and US Department of Energy.
- Developed business plans for Japanese high-tech businesses, and brought US technology liaisons to export markets, through a unique relationship with Osaka (Japan) Prefectural Government.
- Initiated the U.S. Postal Service project that resulted in the popular “self-sticking” postage stamps. Millions of tongues are now being spared the aftertaste of glue, thanks to Roger’s efforts.