SBIR Training and SBIR Workshops from Cohen International
Cohen International provides expert SBIR proposal consulting services and SBIR training. You may arrange for a training session at your firm, or you may attend a public session (when available).
SBIR Training | SBIR Proposal Review Service | SBIR Coaching Service | Full Proposal Writing Service | Qualifications
Partner Organizations: Download a Sample SBIR Training Flyer for an SBIR/STTR training program.
Secrets of Winning SBIR and STTR Proposals
Half-day, One-Day, Two-day and Three-Day Programs
A partial list of SBIR Workshops and hosts is shown at the bottom of this page.
Come and learn about the SBIR and the STTR program, and how to prepare a winning SBIR or STTR proposal.
These workshops focus on Phase I proposals.
Typical workshop topics include:
- Overview of the SBIR and STTR Programs
- A look at the participating SBIR/STTR agencies
- Differences between SBIR and STTR programs
- How to search for SBIR solicitations and topics
- How to improve your chances with early stage activities
- How to form an SBIR proposal strategy
- How to write a winning SBIR proposal
- Instructions and tips for SBIR proposal writing
- Introduction to SBIR cost proposals and SBIR budgets
- Introduction to overhead pricing and cost allocation
- How to make SBIR electronic submissions
- Review of a sample SBIR proposal
- Proposal writing exercise
- SBIR and STTR proposal preparation assistance
- Tales from the Trenches: Debriefings on Proposals that Did Not Win
- One-To-One Meetings with client companies
- On-Site reviews of SBIR proposals
The Small Business Innovation Research Program, SBIR, is the federal government’s largest R&D grants program targeted to the small business community. With over $2 billion available annually, it is arguably the best source of risk capital available to help fund the development of promising new technologies. SBIR can also serve as a pathway to equity financing.
This Workshop will be Delivered by:
Roger S. Cohen, Principal of Cohen International, an international business development firm and government contracting consultant. Roger coaches entrepreneurs through the SBIR/STTR proposal development process, and reviews and critiques draft proposals.
(845) 358-8936. <roger @ rogercohen dot com>
If you have a question about your SBIR proposal, or about a workshop,
just pick up the phone…
Give me a call for an instant consultation. (845) 358-8936.
SBIR Training — Partial List of Host Sites
A variety of these programs were held at different sites.
Not all the programs were held at each site.
- Secrets of Winning SBIR and STTR Proposals. SBIR Phase I Workshop
- Overview of the SBIR Program and How To Write a Winning SBIR Proposal
- Debriefings On Proposals That Did Not Win
- One-To-One Consultations
- On-Site Immediate Proposal Reviews
Silicon Valley Small Business Development Center (SVSBDC)
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA. NJIT — NJ Institute of Technology
Penn State SBDC
Federal Laboratories Consortium, Salem, MA.
NJEDC Commercialization Center for Innovative Technologies
Northern California Small Business Development Center
Humboldt State University
IEEE Consultants Network of Northern NJ
NJIT Enterprise Development Center
Pittsburgh Technology Council
Picatinny Technology Innovation Center
U.S. Army Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC)
ACIN Camden Center for Entrepreneurship in Technology
U.S. Army Communications & Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC)
U.S. Navy Naval Air Systems Command, Lakehurst, NJ and the Federal Laboratory Consortium.
UMDNJ — The University of Medicine and Dentistry
Ben Franklin Technology Partners and Innovation Works.
VANJ — Venture Association of NJ
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
SBIR Expert Consultant
SBIR Consulting Services
SBIR Proposal Consultant
STTR Proposal Consultant
SBIR Proposal Development
SBIR Proposal Assistance
Small Business Innovation Research Consultant